United Way of Green County released a video update on the United Way of Green County COVID-19 Community Response Fund. Teresa Keehn, Executive Director provided an update after thanking everyone who has supported the fund.
“This fund would not be possible without all of you, and I am incredibly grateful and thankful to be part of such a caring committed community” said Keehn.
The United Way of Green County had a goal of raising $50,000 for the COVID-19 Community Response Fund. As of this date, the fund has raised $41,000
100% of the funds raised will stay in the Green County Community. The fund had had one round of funding thus far, and has supported the following organizations:
- Salvation Army – Emergency Shelter/Rent/Utility Payments
- Rainbow Childcare – One month of food for the center
- Family Promise – Help people stay in their homes
- Men’s Resource – Transitional Housing Program
- Reach Green – Support Early Childhood Services
- Backpack Buddies Program – Providing Food
- Orion Family Services – Continue to reach and serve the most vulnerable
The United Way of Green County is continuing to work to meet the fund’s goal of raising $50,000, and expects to have a second round of funding as community needs increase.
You can donate to the United Way of Green County COVID-19 Community Response Fund by:
1. Textig COVID19GREEN to 41444
2. Going to http://www.unitedwayofgreencounty.org/
3. Or mailing donations to:
United Way of Green County
P.O. Box 511
Monroe, WI 53566
(indicate COVID-19 in the subject line)